Sunday 1 December 2013

A Little Love

As it's been a while since I've done one of these, I thought I'd do a wee November round up and get back to weekly posts in December.

Baby Shower Collage

November started with me hosting a baby shower for my lovely cousin. My little 'niece' isn't due until Christmas eve, so the shower was a tad early, but it was an absolutely perfect afternoon. I spent the day before baking up a storm and I think the heart-shaped victoria sponges were the hit of the day. I also made some traditional cupcakes, a lemon drizzle sponge, chocolate cups and cinammon shortbread. Safe to say everybody left absolutely stuffed! This was also the perfect excuse to try and make the Pinterest famous pom poms, and my flatmate and I loved them so much that they are still hanging above our dining table.

Autumn collage

I took advantage of some of the gorgeous, bright Autumn days we've been having and bundled myself up and went for lots of walks this month. And, of course I've had to heat myself up with some proper comfort food when I get home. Macaroni cheese has been the meal of choice this month, I've lost count of how many times I've had it. I just can't get enough! I also made my first loaf of homemade bread, and have since made it a few more times to dip into various stews and soups. Yum!

November collage

My mum came to visit last week and we walked into town to wander around the Christmas market. I won't say too much about the market, as I think I'll do a post on this during the week. After saying I'll do it for months, and then having to recover from surgery, I've finally rejoined the gym and am super keen to get back on the fitness wagon. I've said yes to a huge challenge next year, which I'll blog all about soon, but the gym will be seeing lots more of me over the next few months! And finally, how stunning have the sunsets been this week?

There's one other tiny little thing that has been taking up most of my time this month, and if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram then I'm sure you'll know exactly what I'm meaning. Check back during the week for a full post on my newest favourite thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so please leave a wee message!